The department of Theatre, Dance, and Motion Pictures offers a unique undergraduate focus on preparing future professionals in the performing and creative arts, as well as careers that build upon the skills and experience our faculty and staff can offer. From the very beginning, with our competitive application and audition process, through the rigorous four-year schedule of coursework and performance opportunities, Wright State students learn what it takes to succeed.
Prospective students are invited to visit the department, watch a class, view a Wright State performance or film, and learn how our talented faculty and students refine their craft in six challenging academic programs leading to the Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) and Bachelor of Arts (B.A.).
- Acting (B.F.A.) - With Wright State’s undergraduate focus, students participate in rigorous conservatory training and exceptional performance opportunities from the very start.
- Dance (B.F.A.) - The B.F.A. degree in Dance prepares students to become versatile professional dancers, choreographers, and teachers – by integrating rigorous training and performance experience in ballet, jazz, and modern dance, with acting and musical theatre studies.
- Design/Technology/Stage Management (B.F.A.) - Our B.F.A. degree in Theatre Design and Technology offers a wide range of courses, four years of outstanding production opportunities, and state-of-the-art facilities.
- Motion Pictures (B.A. or B.F.A.) - The B.A. in Motion Picture History, Theory, and Criticism combines the breadth of a liberal arts education with the specialized appreciation of the aesthetic, social, ideological, and historical aspects of film. The B.F.A. in Motion Picture Production gives students in-depth training for professions closely related to film production, while providing opportunities to develop their creativity and study the film medium.
- Musical Theatre (B.F.A.) - With Wright State’s undergraduate focus, students participate in rigorous conservatory training and exceptional performance opportunities from the very start.
- Theatre Studies (B.A.) - The Theatre Studies program combines studies in theatrical subjects with broad preparation in the liberal arts to prepare students for a wide range of careers.
Our goal is to prepare our graduates for their future, wherever it may lead, from award-winning work, whether on stage, on screen, or behind the scenes, to an infinite number of career opportunities.
Area Arts Attractions
Southwest Ohio, from the Dayton region south to Cincinnati, is home to world-renowned professional arts organizations and performance facilities, offering opportunities for Wright State students to perform and learn from leading professionals in a wide range of artistic endeavors.
Arts Event Listings