The Wright State University School of Music is proud to host the Mad River Vocal Arts Festival. This two-day event features a highly select honor choir composed of high school singers from all over the state and region. Students will gather for two days of rehearsal, concerts, and fun, and will have an opportunity to perform in Wright State's Schuster Hall.
- No music to purchase
- No advanced preparation
- Festival conducted by Dr. Hank Dahlman and other Wright State choral and voice faculty
Festival Schedule (PDF)
Application and Registration
Each participating school may nominate up to two SATB quartets. These singers will be accepted automatically. Space is limited, so please get your registration in early.
Applications are due September 29.
The student fee for Mad River Vocal Arts Festival is $40 and directors and/or chaperones are free. Three types of online registration are available:
- Schools prepaying online for their students
- Schools or districts requiring an invoice to pay a registration
- Individuals prepaying for one or more students
- Students are required to attend all of each rehearsal on the schedule.
- Lodging and meals are the responsibility of the participant.
- Since the regular school year is in progress, Wright State does not provide on-campus housing for this event.
- An attending teacher or other responsible adult chaperone for each participating school is strongly suggested. Wright State cannot accept chaperonage responsibility for participants.
- Once again, Wright State is pleased to offer 15-minute mini-lessons with Wright State voice faculty at no additional fee for selected high school singing participants. These will take place TBA during rehearsals on Sunday or Monday. Each school may nominate up to two singers for mini-lessons. Mini-lesson singers should bring a prepared solo to their mini-lesson.
- Concert dress is your MRVAF t-shirt with black slacks, jeans or skirts.
- A complimentary t-shirt will be given to each participant and their director. Please fill out the form. Please include your t-shirt size on the school application form.
Questions? Contact Dr. Hank Dahlman at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you in October for the Mad River Vocal Arts Festival!