It is understood that this policy is reserved for more than frivolous reasons.
The policy is as follows:
- When an issue arises between a student and the current applied teacher, an email will be sent between the student and the current teacher explaining the reasons why a change is being requested and arrange for a face-to-face meeting to discuss the situation. This email will also be copied to the area coordinator of applied studies and the director of the School of Music.
- A face-to-face meeting will take place between the student and the current applied teacher where the issues will be discussed and hopefully resolved.
- A follow-up email will be sent by the current teacher to the student with the proposed resolution or status, and/or a request for further assistance from the director of the School of Music. This email will also be copied to the coordinator of the applied studies area and the director of the School of Music.
- A meeting will be scheduled with the student, the current teacher and the director of the School of Music in which the issues will be discussed and resolutions found.
- The ultimate decision of studio changes will be made by the director of the School of Music.
- If any party still disagrees with the director’s decision, that person may contact the dean of COLA for a meeting.