If you’ve been to Mad River before, here’s some exciting changes!
- No music to purchase!
- Most music from the OMEA required list
- No advanced preparation!
- Festival conducted by Dr. Hank Dahlman and other WSU choral and voice faculty!
2015 Repertoire List coming soon
APPLICATION AND REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
- Each participating school may nominate up to two SATB quartets. These singers will be accepted AUTOMATICALLY.
- APPLICATIONS DUE SEPTEMBER 14.
The student fee for Mad River Vocal Arts Festival is $35 and directors and/or chaperones are free. Three types of online registration will be available August 17:
- Schools prepaying online for their students
- Schools or districts requiring an invoice to pay a registration
- Individuals prepaying for one or more students
- Students are required to attend all of each rehearsal on the schedule.
- Lodging and meals other than the pizza party on Sunday night are the responsibility of the participant.
- Since the regular school year is in progress, WSU does not provide on-campus housing for this event.
- An attending teacher or other responsible adult chaperone for each participating school is strongly suggested. Wright State University cannot accept chaperonage responsibility for participants.
- Once again, WSU is pleased to offer 15-minute mini-lessons with WSU voice faculty at no additional fee for selected high school singing participants. These will take place TBA during rehearsals on Sunday or Monday. Each school may nominate up to two singers for mini-lessons. Mini-lesson singers should bring a prepared solo to their mini-lesson.
- Concert dress is your regular school performance attire.
- A complimentary t-shirt will be given to each participant and their director. Please fill out the form. Please include your t-shirt size on the school application form.
Questions? Contact Dr. Hank Dahlman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (937) 775-3721.
We look forward to seeing you in October for THE MAD RIVER VOCAL ARTS FESTIVAL!