The Department of Music offers a variety of opportunities for all Wright State Students to participate in the making and enjoyment of music.
This video is for Wright State University students, faculty, and staff who may want to participate in a music ensemble on campus. We have many ensembles to choose from. Come join us!
- Dr. Gretchen McNamara at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Shelley Jagow at email@example.com
- Robert Stockton at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. James Tipps at email@example.com
Attend a Music Performance
All Department of Music performances are open to the public and the majority of them are free. Go to our Performance Calendar for a complete list of the department's performances for the year.
Join an Ensemble
All of the department's ensembles are open to all Wright State Students, regardless of their major. Several ensembles, noted below, are available without a required audition. To find out more, about an ensemble and any audition requirement, contact the director or conductor of the group, which can be found by following the ensemble's link, below. The ensembles in the department are:
- Chamber Players (Booth)
- Concert Band - no audition required (Toerner)
- Jazz Ensemble (McNamara)
- Symphonic Band (Jagow)
- University Trombone Ensemble (McNamara)
- Varsity Pep Band (Jacobs)
- Wind Symphony (Booth)
- Collegiate Chorale (Dahlman)
- Chamber Singers (Hughes)
- ETHOS Ensemble (Acappella) (McDonald)
- Men's Chorale (Tipps)
- Paul Laurence Dunbar Chorale - no audition required (Stockton)
- University Chorus - no audition required (Tipps)
- Women's Chorale (Minneman)
- Chamber Orchestra (Leung)
- Symphony Orchestra (Cha)
Community Music Division (CMD)
The basic program of CMD is the offering of non-credit applied music lessons to students at Wright State University who are not majoring in music, and to citizens of all ages residing in the Miami Valley region and desiring to improve their musical performance skills.
For more information on the CMD program, contact Victoria Chadbourne at (937)775-2787 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org