The School of Music offers a variety of opportunities for all Wright State Students to participate in music making.
This video is for anyone who may want to participate in a musical ensemble on campus.
We have many ensembles to choose from. Come join us!
Attend a Music Performance
All School of Music performances are open to the public and the majority of them are free.
Go to our Performance Calendar for a complete list of the school's performances for the year.
Join an Ensemble
All of the school's ensembles are open to all Wright State Students, regardless of their major.
Several ensembles, noted below, are available without an audition.
To find out more, contact the director of the group.
The ensembles in the school are:
- Wind Symphony (Booth)
- Symphonic Band (Jagow)
- Concert Band - no audition required (Lukowicz)
- Varsity Pep Band (McKeever)
- Jazz Band (Cashwell)
- Collegiate Chorale (Dahlman)
- University Chorus - no audition required (Tipps)
- ETHOS Ensemble (Acappella) (McDonald)
- Men's Chorale (Tipps)
- Women's Chorale (Minneman)
- University Chamber Orchestra (Leung)
- University Symphony Orchestra (Cha)
- University Opera Orchestra (Minneman)
- University Saxophone Quartet (Jagow)
- University String Quartet (Cha)
- University Clarinet Ensemble (Kurokawa)
- University Woodwind Quintet (Kurokawa)
- University Brass Quintet (Zehringer)
- University Trumpet Ensemble (Zehringer)
- University Trombone Ensemble (McNamara)
- University Percussion Ensemble (Noble)
Community Music Division (CMD)
CMD is a program that offers non-credit private music lessons to students of all ages residing in the Miami Valley region and desiring to improve their musical performance skills.
For more information on the CMD program, contact Amy Neace at (937)775-2346 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org