While not an exhaustive list of jobs for musicians, here are some specific jobs and links to job sites to help your search.
Links to Job Sites
Position: Conductor – Springfield Youth Chamber Orchestra (posted 5/21/18)
- Plans, rehearses and conducts performances of the appropriate Youth orchestra. This includes the selection of works to be performed and stage setup to present the orchestra at its best acoustically and visually. As the occasion arises through seasonal planning a Youth orchestra may, however, perform under the baton of the SSO Music Director & Conductor.
- Conducts auditions, selects all playing personnel and determines seating within each section of the orchestra.
- Develops and maintains the total artistic and educational quality of the orchestra and advises the SSO Executive Director on matters that concern the overall development of all three youth orchestras as an artistic and educational entity.
- Continues the development and enhancement of personal musical skills.
- Adheres to any and all relevant personnel and budgetary policies established by the Board of Trustees.
- Maintains communications with administrative and artistic staff in the most convenient way available in order to advise the Association regarding artistic, musical personnel and related matters.
- Will assist with contacting local music educators and private teachers in order to help with SYO student recruitment.
- Others, as may be assigned by the Board, following consultation with the Executive Director. Newly assigned job responsibilities shall be documented in writing and placed as an attachment to this Position Description.
Changes to the Position Description: All parties to it recognize the dynamic evolutionary status of this Position Description. However, changes, additions or deletions may be made only under certain conditions.
- During the contractual employment period of a Conductor, changes, as assigned by the Board following consultation with the Executive Director and Conductor/SSO Music Director, shall appear in writing in this Position Description. Only then may the Conductor be held accountable for changed or added responsibilities.
- Between contractual employment periods or in anticipation of a renewed contractual employment period for the current Conductor, changes, as assigned by the Board following consultation with the Executive Director, shall appear in writing in this Position Description. Only then may the Conductor be held accountable for changed or added responsibilities.
- Prior to the search for and replacement of a Conductor, the Board of Trustees may make changes to this Position Description.