August 17-20, 2020
Online, 12 to 2 p.m. each day
Aspire. Prepare. Succeed. Level up your skills just in time for fall. For only $50, you can participate in the Introduction to College Writing Workshop and receive a Certificate of Completion and a digital badge.
The Introduction to College Writing Workshop gives you a head start on the semester. You will work directly with instructors in the Wright State writing program to learn about the course, review the syllabus and expectations, and complete small group workshops that are designed to help you prepare for success in writing for their college courses.
Research shows that students who attend the workshop not only earn better grades in ENG 1100 than students who don’t—they get better overall grades. Students have praised previous workshops:
- “We got individual attention and I really learned something.”
- “I really think this will help as I start school Monday.”
- “I would recommend this to any first-year student taking ENG 1100.”
You will be charged $50 by your Wright State student account for participating in this workshop.
To enroll in the workshop, please log in with your campus username and password then complete the form below. Seats are limited so sign up early to make sure you get a spot!
If you enroll but then decide NOT to attend, you need to notify Becca Webb in the Department of English at 937-775-2279 no later than August 13. Otherwise, you are responsible for paying the $50 fee.
If you complete the Introduction to College Writing Workshop, you will receive:
- Certificate of completion
- Digital badge
- Option to move into campus housing early on Sunday, August 16, 2020, for only an additional $60 (registration is required by August 7, 2020, to receive this benefit). - Available to Dayton Campus students only.
- Free copies of the textbooks used in most of the ENG 1100 and ENG 1140 courses at Wright State.