Whether you’re an incoming freshman, a senior about to graduate with your college degree, or a new transfer student, your Wright State University Academic Advisor will help you define and achieve your academic goals. Academic Advisors will:
- Assist with exploring majors
- Explain degree requirements and planning
- Direct you to university resources
Centralized advising at Wright State helps you move smoothly into a degree program that fits your interests while pairing you with advisors who understand your potential career path and help you stay on track for graduation.
Students in the College of Liberal Arts (CoLA) are assigned an academic advisor and a faculty advisor.
CoLA Academic Advisors will:
- Help you choose courses to meet CORE and CoLA requirements
- Clearly communicate the CoLA and University policies and procedures
- Build a degree audit for your major and teach you how to use and read it
To schedule an appointment with your academic advisor, call (937) 775-2601 or stop by 120 Millett Hall. Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
CoLA Faculty Advisors will:
- Advise you on courses specific to your major
- Determine substitutions or changes for major-related classes
- Assist you with professional development and ethics
To schedule an appointment with your faculty advisor, please contact their department directly. See the list of departments to find contact information for your program.
As a student in the College of Liberal Arts, you are expected to:
- Visit your academic advisor regularly
- Come prepared to academic advising meetings – have your course selections, questions, and other materials ready for discussion
- Be open and honest about your educational goals
- Ask questions about issues you do not understand
- Follow through on advisor recommendations, suggested resources, and referrals