Ronald D’Allessandris is Chief of Staff (CS), Air Force Security Assistance Center (AFSAC), Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. He is responsible for all executive support functions on behalf of the AFSAC Command Section. He manages the center facilities and supports the Commander’s execution of the center’s safety and security programs. Mr. D’Allessandris also manages the deployment readiness for military members assigned to AFSAC.
In total, Mr. D'Allessandris has over 44 years professional experience in Foreign Military Sales (FMS), Program Management, Personnel Management, Research and Development (R&D), Avionics Maintenance and Medical Laboratory Technology. He began his military affiliation in 1966 upon enlistment in the USAF. His experience in aerospace photography/electro optical repair was gained in Texas, the Republic of Vietnam, Florida and Japan. He held supervisory positions in the medical laboratory technology field in Illinois and Alaska. He was then assigned to WPAFB as Superintendent of the Toxic Hazards Division of the Air Force Medical Research Laboratory. His final assignment prior to retirement was as First Sergeant with the Aeronautical Systems Division (ASD), WPAFB, OH.
Mr. D'Allessandris worked as Senior Logistician for Information Systems and Networks Corporation, Dayton, OH for several years before re-joining the USAF as a civilian in 1989. He then served as Deputy Program Manager, FMS, at ASD's F-16 Systems Program Office, WPAFB, OH. There he was responsible for directing and executing projects and programs for acquisition by foreign countries of the F-16 weapon system, valued in excess of four billion dollars.
First arriving at the AFSAC in 1992, Mr. D’Allessandris served as Command Country Manager for the Saudi Arabian Programs. He was later promoted to Chief, Arabian Programs Branch, where he assisted in the development and execution of international agreements with numerous foreign customers in support of US national security. He supervised the Command Country Managers and their supporting staffs in providing "cradle-to-grave" support management for 11 countries, for weapon systems including the F-15, F-16, AWACS, C-130, including communication equipment and computer systems. The logistical support provided to these countries exceeded $1.5B in annual sales.
Mr. D'Allessandris left the AFSAC for a two-year assignment as Acquisition Support Leader in the Aeronautical Systems Center (ASC), WPAFB, OH. He was responsible for developing and establishing processes used by the Acquisition Program Managers in ASC to accomplish contractual, financial and technical aspects of programs throughout their designed phases of the acquisition cycle.
He returned to the AFSAC in 2003 serving first as Chief of Strategic Planning and then Director of Staff. Prior to his appointment as AFSAC/CS, Mr. D’Allessandris served as Director, 555th International Support Squadron, 555th, International Group. He was responsible for implementing and maintaining processes to ensure appropriate visibility, accountability and priority for all USAF FMS cases.
Expanding his professional experience to the field of education, Mr. D'Allessandris developed and team-taught a course, "The Politics of Homeland Security," while at Wright State University. The course is currently offered in both the Political Science Department and in the Applied Behavioral Science Master's Degree Program.
- 2003 M.A., International Relations/ Comparative Politics Wright State University
- 1985 B. S., Business Management Park College
- 1983 A. S., Business Management Park College
- 1983 A. A. S., Resource Management Community College of the Air Force
- Defense Systems Management College, Advanced Program Management Course - 1995
- Level III - International Affairs Professional
- Level III - Program Management
- Level I - Acquisition Logistics
- 2008 – Present, CHIEF OF STAFF DIRECTOR - Air Force Security Assistance Center (AFSAC), WPAFB, OH
- 2005 – 2008, DIRECTOR 555TH International Support Squadron, International Group, Air Force Security Assistance Center (AFSAC), WPAFB, OH
- 2004 – 2005, DIRECTOR OF STAFF Air Force Security Assistance Center (AFSAC), WPAFB, OH
- 2003 – 2004, CHIEF, STRATEGIC PLANNING Air Force Security Assistance Center (AFSAC), WPAFB, OH
- 2001 – 2003, ACQUISITION SUPPORT LEADER Aeronautical Systems Center/AE, WPAFB, OH
- 1992 – 2001, CHIEF, ARABIAN PROGRAMS BRANCH SAUDI ARABIAN COMMAND COUNTRY MANAGER Air Force Security Assistance Center (AFSAC), WPAFB, OH
- 1989 - 1992, DEPUTY PROGRAM MANAGER, FOREIGN MILITARY SALES. (FMS) Aeronautical Systems Division (ASD) F-16 Systems Program Office (SPO) WPAFB, OH
- 1986 - 1989, SENIOR LOGISTICIAN Information Systems and Networks Corporation, Dayton, OH
- 1982 - 1986, FIRST SERGEANT, AERONAUTICAL SYSTEMS DIVISION Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton, OH
- 1978 - 1982, SUPERINTENDENT, TOXIC HAZARDS DIVISION Air Force Aerospace Medical Research Laboratory (AFAMRL), WPAFB, OH
- 1975 - 1978, LABORATORY MANAGER USAF Hospital, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
- 1972 - 1975, SUPERVISOR, BIOCHEMISTRY BRANCH USAF Hospital, Chanute AFB, Illinois
- 1966 - 1972, RF-4C AEROSPACE PHOTOGRAPHIC/ELECTRO OPTICAL REPAIRMAN 18th Armament and Electronics Maintenance Squadron, Kadena AFB, Japan 46th Tactical Fighter Squadron, McDill AFB, Florida 460th Avionics Maintenance Squadron, Tan Son Nhut, Republic of Vietnam 67th Avionics Maintenance Squadron, Bergstrom AFB, Texas
Meritorious Civilian Service Award - 2002
Performance Awards 1990 to present
Outstanding Graduate Student Award (WSU) - Applied Behavioral Science Program 2003