The Wright State University Winds Festival is an event that brings together flute, clarinet, bassoon and oboe players from throughout Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana.
November 23, 2019
9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Creative Arts Center
Wright State University
On this page:
The festival is a full day of new ideas and exchanges of knowledge geared towards the needs and interests of high school students, private studio teachers, and amateur players. The day will include:
- Separate schedules, guests and events for flute, clarinet, oboe, and bassoon.
- The festival is for high school and college students, amateur and professional players, and private studio teachers.
- Cost of the event is $35. This covers all master classes, recitals, and events of the day.
- Everyone should bring an instrument and participate in the clinics and workshops.
- All festival events will take place on the campus of Wright State University at the Creative Arts Center.
To Be Announced
All participants under the age of 18 must submit a Medical Form (PDF)
Cost of the event is $35. This covers:
- Registration fee
- All master classes, recitals and events
- Festival t-shirt
Note: To receive a t-shirt, you must register by November 18, 2019.
Bill Jobert is now in his 10th year at Wright State where he serves as Lecturer of Bassoon and Coordinator of Music Education.
Katherine, a native of Dayton, Ohio, received her Bachelors and Masters in Music Performance from the Cleveland Institute of Music where she studied with the renowned oboist John Mack of the Cleveland Orchestra. She lived in Mexico City for 17 ye
John Kurokawa is the Instructor of Clarinet at Wright State University. In addition to teaching applied clarinet, he teaches courses in woodwind chamber music, woodwind pedagogy, and music education.
Christopher Chaffee is Professor of Flute at Wright State University, Instructor of Flute at Interlochen Arts Camp, and a Yamaha Performing Artist.
Vendors will be on site with instruments to try, and music and supplies to purchase.
Are you a vendor and would like to have a display? Fill out the Vendor Sponsorship Form (PDF).