LEAP offers more than just traditional classroom studies LEAP students are encouraged to get involved.
LEAP provides many opportunities for students to get involved within the LEAP program, on campus, and in the community. Taking part in extracurricular activities is a great chance to practice and improve English skills, make new friends and have fun while studying. Students can get involved through activities like these:
- LEAP Cultural Hours
- Field trips to Cincinnati/Columbus Zoo, Carillon Historical Park, Cincinnati Museum Center, Downtown Dayton, John Bryan State Park, Young's Jersey Dairy, and other local places of interest
- Native-speaking conversation partners
- Collaborations with university classes
- Movie and game afternoons
- Dinners at local restaurants and teachers' homes
- Ladies Tea and Talk
- Haunted House trip for Halloween
- Access to all University Center for International Education (UCIE) activities
- Access to all Wright State clubs and organizations
- And much more!
Wright State is located 11 miles northeast of Dayton, a city of 140,000, in southwestern Ohio. Cincinnati and Columbus are located within one hour's drive of campus.
Visit the Office of Student Activities page for more information on student life and activities at Wright State.
Visit the International Students page in the University Center for International Education website for information about housing options.