Individual students who are employed either as civilian workers or active-duty military personnel at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB), and their spouses and dependents, who wish to pursue graduate degrees at Wright State University are eligible to apply to the Wright State WPAFB Scholarship program. This scholarship provides up to $7,500 of tuition scholarship per year ($2,500 per semester) for qualified personnel and their family members who are pursuing master’s or doctoral degrees at Wright State!
Why the Wright State MPA Program?
Our program is designed to meet the needs of professionals who seek to advance their careers, change career paths, or begin their second career upon retirement from the base.
Our MPA Program:
- is continuously accredited since 2002 by NASPAA, the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs and Administration. NASPAA accreditation requires that MPA programs maintain the highest quality of academic and professional standards.
- is the largest MPA program in Southwest Ohio. Over 500 alumni work in leadership positions in all levels of government and in nonprofit organizations throughout the Miami Valley and beyond. Where our graduates work
- balances theory and practice to provide students with cross-cutting and transferable skill sets.
- may waive up to 6 semesters hours of MPA electives for students who attain Level II and Level III certification in eligible Defense Acquisition University programs prior to graduation from the MPA program.
- may transfer up to 12 semesters hours of graduate credit from another accredited program, with approval from the Graduate School.
- waives the internship requirement for both military and civilian managers at WPAFB.
- accommodates working professionals. Each MPA course is offered in the evening and meets once a week.
- provides opportunities to enhance your MPA degree through unique graduate certifications and dual degree programs.
- requires no standardized test scores, such as the GRE or MCAT for admission. Admission is based upon undergraduate or graduate GPA, three strong letters of recommendation and a 400-word essay that discusses how the MPA will help fulfill your career goals.
For additional information, or to set up an appointment to talk about how the MPA can help you reach your career goals, contact Mary Wenning, Program Director.
For more information on the WPAFB scholarship, including how to apply, visit the Graduate School page.