Wright State University is a dynamic training ground for career success in the performing arts, focused exclusively on undergraduate students. The department conducts a selective admissions process, including auditions and interviews*, for its academic programs for the Bachelor of Fine Arts. Prospective students must complete the department’s own admission application and audition/interview process, as well as the university’s undergraduate admissions application.
To learn more about admissions, auditions, interviews, scholarships, and degree requirements, please visit our programs to find the one that suits your talents and interests.
Schedule an Audition
Candidates must schedule an audition and submit materials at least two weeks in advance on the B.F.A. Admission and Scholarship Application (PDF).
Call Victoria Oleen at (937) 775-3072 if you have any questions.
Applicants may choose to be pre-screened for Acting, Musical Theatre and Dance via Accept’d. Design/Technology students can submit digital art and design portfolios there, as well.
Though we encourage you to consider pre-screening, the online audition is optional and intended to help prospective students avoid unnecessary travel and be most efficient in their college selection process. You may still choose to audition in person without this screening.
Direct Application Option
You can also apply directly to Wright State University. Please select an audition date directly through our department.
2016-17 Acting & Musical Theatre Auditions
- Friday, November 13, 2015 (master class)
- Saturday, November 14, 2015 (audition)
- Sunday, January 17, 2015 (audition)
- Friday, February 5, 2016 (master class)
- Saturday, February 6, 2016 (audition)
- Sunday, February 21, 2016 (audition)
2016-17 Dance Auditions
- Saturday, November 13, 2015 (master class)
- Saturday, November 14, 2015 (Audition)
- Saturday, January 30, 2016 (Audition)
- Saturday, February 20, 2016 (Audition)
2015-16 Design/Technology/Stage Management Scholarship Interviews
- Friday, November 13, 2015 (Masterclass)
- Saturday, November 14, 2015 (Interview)
- Saturday, February 6, 2016 (Interview)
- Saturday, February 20, 2016 (Interview)
*No auditions or interviews required for Motion Pictures and Theatre Studies programs.