The Wright State University Clarinet Festival brings together clarinetists from all over Ohio and beyond for master-classes, clinics, and to provide a unique performance opportunity for all participating clarinetists to work closely with our special guest clinicians and the WSU Clarinet Studio!
The Festival is geared towards the needs and interests of High School, College, and Amateur Clarinetists as well as Private Studio Teachers. (It is recommended that participants have a minimum 3-4 years experience on clarinet.)
The day will include:
- Masterclasses and a performance by our special guest artist Professor Jonathan Gunn of the University of Texas at Austin and John Kurokawa, Instructor of Clarinet at Wright State University.
- Performance opportunities in the Festival Clarinet Choir!
- Vendors will be on site with instruments, music and accessories to try. Are you a vendor and would like to have a display? Fill out the Vendor Application form.
- All Festival events will take place on the campus of Wright State University in the newly renovated Creative Arts Center. Directions to Wright State
- The Hangar, on campus at Wright State, will be open for participants to purchase lunch.
- Registration is available online. The cost of the event is $35, which covers:
- Registration fee
- All masterclasses, recitals and events
- Festival t-shirt
If you are interested in performing on a masterclass, please contact John Kurokawa directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
All participants under the age of 18 must submit a Medical Form (PDF)
NOTE: in order to receive a T-shirt, you must register by November 12, 2016.