Graduate Teaching Assistantships (GTA) are available in the Department of Music. GTA provide a yearly stipend plus waiver of tuition, the general fee, and waiver of nonresident fees for three consecutive semesters. Assistantships may be renewed for a second year.
Accepting GTA Applications in for 2015-16; five GTAs available.
Awards will include:
- An annual stipend of at least $7,500
- Full Tuition Waivers (up to 12 credits per semester) for in-state or out-of state students
- Twenty Hours per week service to the Department of Music in support of instruction, research, and public service
- Assignments will include primary area (see list above) and secondary area according to interests and abilities
- Must register for a minimum of Six graduate credits hours per semester
- A Bachelors degree in Music
- Regular Admission to the WSU Graduate School
- Successful audition and interview by area
- Apply for admission to the WSU Graduate School
- Submit letter of interest, resume, three letters of recommendation, and completed GTA application to Director of Graduate Studies in Music
- Schedule on-campus interview or audition as required by program
- Master of Music in Music Education
- Master of Music in Performance
- Master of Humanities (Music Emphasis)
- All application materials are due by March 1, 2015
- Interview/Auditions must be completed by March 1, 2015
For more information, please contact Daniel Zehringer, Director of Graduate Studies in Music.
Print this form, fill it out and mail it to:
Director, Graduate Studies in Music
Wright State University
3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy.
Dayton, OH 45435
Graduate Tuition Scholarships (GTS) are one-semester awards (renewable up to 4 regular and 2 summer semesters) that pay for tuition ONLY. Fees are not paid, and no stipend is awarded. To apply, students should address a letter or email to the Director of Graduate Studies in Music expressing interest. A limited number of GTS awards are available each year. Students on a GTS must enroll as a full time graduate student every regular semester (Fall and Spring) and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Visit the Loans, Scholarships and Grants page on the RaiderConnect website for information concerning additional grants, loans, and student employment opportunities.