Graduate Teaching Assistantships (GTA) are available in the School of Music. GTA provide a yearly stipend plus waiver of tuition, the general fee, and waiver of nonresident fees for three consecutive semesters. Assistantships may be renewed for a second year.
Accepting GTA Applications in for 2016-17
Awards will include:
- An annual stipend of at least $7,500
- Full Tuition Waivers (up to 12 credits per semester) for in-state or out-of state students
- Twenty Hours per week service to the School of Music in support of instruction and school operations
- Assignments will include vary according to interests and abilities
- Must be a full time graduate student
- A Bachelors degree in Music
- Regular Admission to the WSU Graduate School
- Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional academic background, and ability to work independently
- Apply for admission to the WSU Graduate School
- Submit letter of interest, resume, three letters of recommendation, and completed GTA application to Director of Graduate Studies in Music
- Schedule on-campus interview or audition as required by program
- Master of Music in Music Education
- Master of Music in Performance
- Master of Humanities (Music Emphasis)
- All application materials are due by March 1, 2016
- Interview/Auditions must be completed by March 1, 2016
For more information, please contact Dr. Christopher Chaffee, Director of Graduate Studies in Music.
Materials can be mailed to:
Dr. Christopher Chaffee
Director, Graduate Studies in Music
Wright State University
3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy.
Dayton, OH 45435
Graduate Tuition Scholarships (GTS) are one-semester awards (renewable up to 4 regular and 2 summer semesters) that pay for tuition ONLY. Fees are not paid, and no stipend is awarded. To apply, students should address a letter or email to the Director of Graduate Studies in Music expressing interest. A limited number of GTS awards are available each year. Students on a GTS must enroll as a full time graduate student every regular semester (Fall and Spring) and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Visit the Loans, Scholarships and Grants page on the RaiderConnect website for information concerning additional grants, loans, and student employment opportunities.