Modern Language Minors--French, German, Spanish
A minor in a foreign language greatly enhances a student's career prospects. The Spanish minor requires a minimum of 18 credit hours selected from courses at the 2000 level or above.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Be able to understand, speak, read and write Spanish at an "Intermediate Mid" level as defined by the proficiency criteria of the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages.
- Understand and respect cultural differences leading to effective interaction within a Spanish-speaking society and in any culturally complex situation.
- Have a foundation in one or more of the following areas: geography, history and literary tradition of the diverse Spanish-speaking world.
- Understand the impact Hispanic cultures and the Spanish language have had and continue to have on other cultures.
- Develop strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
For additional information: