Modern Language Minors--French, German, Spanish
A minor in a foreign language greatly enhances a student's career prospects. The French minor requires a minimum of 18 credit hours selected from courses at the 2000 level or above. Students are encouraged to participate in an Ambassador Program abroad to a French-speaking country.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Be able to understand, speak, read and write French at an "Intermediate Mid" level as defined by the proficiency criteria of the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages.
- Understand and respect cultural differences leading to effective interaction within a French-speaking society and in any culturally complex situation.
- Build a foundation in one or more of the following areas: geography, history and literary tradition of the French-speaking world.
- Understand the impact France and French culture and language have had and continue to have on other cultures.
- Develop strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
For additional information: