A minor in a foreign language greatly enhances a student's career prospects.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Be able to understand, speak, read and write Marndarin Chinese at an "Intermediate Mid" level as defined by the proficiency criteria of the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages.
- Understand and respect cultural differences leading to effective interaction within a Chinese-speaking society and in any culturally complex situation.
- Have a strong foundation in the geography, history and literary tradition of the Chinese-speaking world.
- Understand the impact China and Chinese culture and language have had and continue to have on other cultures.
- Develop strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
For additional information: