A minor in a foreign language greatly enhances a student's career prospects. For the minor in Arabic, students are encouraged to participate in an Ambassador Program abroad to an Arabic-speaking country.
Students wishing to be admitted to the Arabic Minor must:
a. Have been admitted to a major subject
b. Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better or a 3.0 GPA in Arabic courses.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Be able to understand, speak, read and write Modern Standard Arabic at an "Intermediate Mid" level as defined by the proficiency criteria of the America Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages.
- Understand and respect cultural differences leading to effective interaction within an Arabic-speaking society and in any culturally complex situation.
- Have a foundation in one of more of the following areas: geography, history and literary tradition of the Arabic-speaking world.
- Understand the impact Arabic cultures and linguistics have had and continue to have on other cultures.
- Develop strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
For additional information: